Saatchi Gallery

Have you ever been to the Saatchi Gallery? if not then go...

The gallery couldn't be placed in a better area just off Kings Road, it is surrounded by boutiques which sell some of the most beautiful garments, as well as restaurants and cafe's that prize themselves on selling unbelievably mouth watering delicacies 

So after an exciting, liberating and eventful walk around the gallery you can immerse yourself in the Kings Road excitement 

Now ill try not to go to far off the point, the Saatchi Gallery was opened by Charles Saatchi in 1985 in order to exhibit his collection to the general public, and ever since this gallery has been the housing for some iconic and truly remarkable exhibitions 




I luckily chose a beautifully scorching summers day to pay a visit, so I reluctantly made my way past eye catching boutiques and up to these large human like figurines made out of rusted brass

The pictures don't show you just quite how big these statues are 







I made my way into the gallery, up the vast marble steps, in-between the ginormous pillars and through the large double doors, I was instantly hit with numerous different exhibitions on offer, luckily I had an entire day free so I thought I would venture through all the rooms and take in every little bit of art the gallery had to offer 


The first room I made my way through made you feel as if you were stepping into an ants nest, their were ants crawling up the wall, hanging down above you, you felt submerged, and some what as if you were in Bug's life, anyone else remember that film? what a classic 










As I stood looking over the impactful exhibit it some what gave me chills throughout, it resembled the scene in Harry Potter when Harry, Hermione and Ron get stuck in the forest and the spiders appear from everywhere 


That scene has always creeped me out.... 


I made a fleeting exit to the next room, where some what of a more relaxing vibe was portrayed 






















Can you ever have to much graffiti in one room? I think not 


I find graffiti such a beautiful art form, it takes such a talent to create such a scrawl, and I find it's always filled with hidden secret throughout 


After taking more and more photo's of the art work, I made my way through to the next room, this was some what simpler compared to the previous exhibits, it just had a single brick ball sat in the centre of the room 






But I don't know about you, I would totally have this as a feature piece in my house


After spending a little to long trying to figure out what exactly this piece of art represented I made my way onto room 5 


This exhibit in some way followed on from the graffiti one, as it was another form of art where an individual has scribbled on canvas yet has made it into something I personally would quite like on my wall 













The next exhibit had the biggest punch I feel, due to myself being some what of a camera nerd I loved the fact that this range of art work was photographs so it allowed the individual to be expressed naturally and showing real emotion, rather than that of an artists expression 














How unbelievable are these images.... 


This artist has a serious talent for catching an image just at the right time, and telling a deep and meaningful story through the most minute details 


I was coming to the end of my journey around the gallery, I had climbed numerous floors, zipped up a few lifts and looked down over the teetering edges, I then finally came to the last room, it left me feeling confused to say the least, I still now don't quite understand the meaning behind this piece 








But surely the artist has succeed as I came away questioning it, thats what they want right? 







The entire room was filled with old potato sacks, some with scribble on some without, all ripped and torn yet it created a room filled with an atmosphere, I felt it carried me straight into the olden days for some reason, submerged in the era of WW1, I honestly couldn't tell you why, but thats how I felt 


I left the Saatchi Gallery feeling well educated, wiser and more in tune with the artistic way. I still now looking back at it believe the photographers work was most impactful, I wish I had written down who each individuals exhibits were, but when I visited it was a while back and the website no longer tell you unfortunately 


However, they always have new and exciting exhibits at the gallery, so it is definitely worth taking a few hours out of your day and venturing over there


If you fancy a few hours out of the office then head on over, I shall attach a link HERE to their website so you can have a little nosey at whats on offer