The Hardwick, Charity Gala Dinner

A little while ago we got asked to attend yet another of Steven Terry's celebrity dinner's however, this time it wasn't a reunion of old chef's it was for the Charity Gala Dinner 

One of the main reason's this event was even more special than usual was because it was my sister Lauren's big 25! 




The guest chef's making an appearance that evening were Stephen himself, producing yet another excellent dish, but ill tell you all about that later, Kevin Gratton, Andrew Pern, James Mackenzie, Ben Tish and last but certainly not least Dominic Chapman 

The evening started with glasses of champagne upon arrival, but let me stop myself right there and rewind a few minutes previously for this amazing evening I chose to wear a very rushed outfit that comprised of



Mango Tuxedo Blazer, Karen Millen Skirt, Zara Top, Gucci Heels 

Anyway fast forward back to where I was previously we were handed large glasses of Champagne as we stepped foot through the door, and in my honest opinion what better way to start off an evening of excitement and plenty of food 

We sipped on our champagne then got taken through to our table, after finally making a decision about who is to sit where we sat down and where presented with the monstrous menu on offer that evening 







The courses all varied considerably from fish to steak, to Foie gras  to crumble 

To start the evening off Stephen introduced himself to those in the audience who wasn't entirely sure of his interesting and motivational history to get to where he is today



Then the first chef appeared Kevin Gratton, he is the Executive Chef Director of the Hix group in London, know we all know how exceptional the food is there so as soon as I read his name I got extremely excited 



I did sneak a little whisper over to my parents and let them know that I would be visiting his restaurant in London imminently and would they love to pay for me! the answer I got was a grunt and a groan but eventually I persuaded them 

Kevin's course consisted of De Beavoir Salmon 'His' Cure and Severn Wye Smoked Eel with Shaved Fennel, Pickled Cucumber and Rye Bread 



I am just going to apologise about the quality of photo's my flash broke just before this event! to say I was gutted was an understatement 

The next course to come was from Andrew Pern, Andrew is from the Star Inn and The Star Inn the City, Yorkshire 




His course conceded of Grilled Black Pudding, Pan Fried Foie gras, Pickering Watercress, Apple & Vanilla Chutney & Scrumpy reduction 




This course definitely had me thinking every mouthful, I am a real anti black pudding girl however, I ignored my head telling me to not eat it and dug in! and surprisingly enough when all the flavours were combined it created a tasty dish 

After Andrew's interesting yet excellent course we were treated to James Mackenzie's course. James is from The Pipe and Glass Inn, South Dalton, Yorkshire 




The course he was offering consisted of North Sea Mackerel Tartare with Smoked Mackerel Scotch Egg & Gooseberry Ketchup 




After 3 courses we hit the middle marker, and it was the course I was most excited about Stephen Terry's 

On our last Celebrity Chef's dinner Stephen produced one of my favourite dishes so I was unbelievably excited about what was to come 



His dish was a beautifully cooked Johnny Morris Fillet of Beef and Merthyr Bread 'n' Beef, Potato Dauphine, Sprouting Broccoli and Heritage Carrots 




I mean how scrummy does this dish look! what I would do right now to  have that in front of me mmmm 

Our 5th dish to come was from ben Tish, on our last dinner he produced yet another excellent dish full of beautiful flavours and textures, So his dish to come this evening excited me 




Ben Tish is the Executive Chef Director of the Salt Yard Group, London

He chose to serve us Aged Manchego and Ermensenda Rarebit with Salt Yard 5 year old Jambon Iberico De Bellota, Caramelised Apple Puree, Heritage Radish and Watercress 




For someone like me who isn't a keen fan of Cheese this dish really surprised me, the flavours all worked perfectly together creating a whirlwind of flavours in my mouth 

At this stage I was becoming very full, so the last course was the one I had been waiting for the entire night, the one I was most excited about mostly because it consisted of Pudding, and I am a real pudding lover 

This course was from none other than Dominic Chapman, Chef Patron at The Beehive, Maidenhead, Berkshire. His dish was short yet sweet 'Blackberry Trifle'




My favourite, the dish arrived and it was piled high with berries, cream and crumble with a beautifully crunchy top 




After finishing the last mouthful of our mammoth food experience we all sat there feeling totally impressed with ourselves 

After a while we all headed into the bar where the Chef's were signing their own personal books as well as other books they have featured in 






In all the evening was yet another great success, every individual enjoyed themselves and the food was exceptional, a big congratulations to the team at the Hardwick and of course the featured Chef's 

We grabbed a car to take us home, and as soon as I stepped foot through the front door I was up the stairs and my head was sinking into the pillow minutes later 

I look forward to the next exceptional evening the Hardwick Host 

Until Next time... 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,